By now, I’m assuming everyone is aware that we will have a delayed start to school. It appears that school will not begin until September 8th. This change will require the district to change the calendar to address the requirements of the state in meeting the number of hours students will have to attend school.
Hopefully, with this delay, we will be better prepared to open the buildings back up. We should learn more later today when we have our state Zoom meeting with the state department. A group of teachers and myself will be listing in on this meeting in hopes of understanding what we have to do and what is going to be required. Once we know the parameters of opening the buildings, we will begin working on a district plan to reopen. As more information is available, we will attempt to keep you informed as to what is taking place.