KSDE (Kansas Department of Education) conducted a statewide webinar on the Coronavirus today (March 12, 2020). The issues discussed were what protocol the state was using to address the Coronavirus. As information, schools are under the jurisdiction of the County Health Department and the KDHE (Kansas Department of Health and Environment). Should any of the entities order the closing of the Woodson School District, the district must comply with this order. At the current time, we have not had this type of communication with these departments.
The following is some information for you from KSDE:
- Remain vigilant, and don’t panic.
- At the time of this writing, there are five confirmed cases of Coronavirus in the state. All of these are in Johnson County.
- If a student has a fever or severe cough, keep them home. Students should remain home for 24 hours after their symptoms subside.
- Any closure of schools will take place with an order from the health departments when there is a confirmed case in Woodson County or geographical area.
- Educate yourselves. Visit the KDHE website, which is updated daily, or when new information is known. http://www.kdheks.gov/coronavirus/index.htm
- As always, don’t believe everything you read on Facebook and Twitter!